Last Updated: September 24, 2015
Collection of Information:
Use of Information:
We may use information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Service;
- Enable you to invite and share information with your friends, family and other guests;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information;
- Send you notifications, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Joy and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide information, advertisements, deals, content or features that match user profiles or interests or that are relevant to your location;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Joy is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Joy or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
When you create an event, certain information about you and your event is publicly available on the public page of the event, including the host names, event date, colors, themes, and welcome messages. In addition, when you post comments, photos or content on the Service with respect to an event, it will be available to other users in accordance with the privacy settings established by the user who created the applicable event page.
Social Sharing Features:
The Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others:
Joy takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Account Information
You may update, correct or delete information from your account at any time by logging into your online account or emailing us at email@example.com ]. Such deletion will not affect any information or content associated with the event page of another user. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
- Location Information
When you first launch any Service that collects location information, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of this information If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the settings/preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
- Contact and Calendar Information
When you launch the Service, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of contact and calendar information. If you initially consent to our collection of contact and calendar information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the settings/preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of this information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
- Promotional Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Joy by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.