Asking your nearest and dearest to be your bridesmaids is a big commitment. These are your leading ladies who will be by your side every step of the way. They help plan the bridal shower, bachelorette party, and even wedding day details. It’s a big financial commitment as well, with big-ticket items like bridesmaid dresses, wedding day hair and makeup, travel, hotel, and all the gifts for the bride and groom along the way.
Show your bridal party how much you care with bridesmaid gift ideas they’ll actually use. Remember, these gifts don’t have to be one-size-fits-all. Matching gifts can be lovely, but feel free to choose a different gift for each bridesmaid. Fashion-forward ladies will love a necklace or statement scarf. Foodies won’t be able to resist a gift box full of decadent treats. Your zen bestie will appreciate a relaxing spa day.
We’ve answered all of your questions about bridesmaid gifts, from how much you should spend to when you should give them out. Then, browse our list of clever bridesmaid gift ideas to find that perfect something for the most important women in your life.
How Much Should You Spend on Bridesmaid Gifts?
There is no set price for bridesmaid gifts, but it’s wise to include wedding party gifts in your overall wedding budget. A thoughtful gift is always better than an expensive one. There are lots of personalized options on Etsy starting around $15 to $20.
The amount you spend will depend on your personal budget and the size of your wedding party. If your maid of honor did a lot of extra work planning, you might want to get her something a little extra.
When shopping for gifts, think about your wedding party’s financial commitment as well. If their dresses were pricey or you required them to pay for professional hair and makeup, consider an extra special gift.
Whatever you buy, the gift should show you took time to consider your friendships and let them know how important it is to have them by your side. Include a handwritten thank-you note with each present.
When Should You Distribute Bridesmaid Gifts?
You’ll want to find a private moment to give your bridesmaids their gifts. If you have time, many brides choose to do this on their wedding day when everyone is gathering to get ready. Another idea is to distribute gifts at the rehearsal dinner. This is especially important if you’re gifting something you’d like your girls to wear for the wedding, like a matching necklace.
Avoid giving out gifts at the bachelorette party or bridal shower when other attendees are also around who won’t be receiving gifts. Whenever you do it, gather your gals and raise a glass to all of their efforts.
18 Bridesmaid Gift Ideas for Every Friend Group
These fun bridesmaid gift ideas have a little something for your favorite women. Consider these if you’re looking for inspiration or create a combination of your own.
Personalized gifts are a great way to give your group something that is coordinated yet unique to each bridesmaid.
There’s a good chance your besties may have already purchased matching “Bride Tribe” T-shirts for your bachelorette party. In this case, consider a monogram that includes their name or initials. This way, they can enjoy the gift well beyond your wedding day.
- Embroidered silk robes: A silk robe feels luxurious yet it’s also practical. Your bridesmaids can wear them to get ready for your big day for an adorable photo opp.
- Canvas tote bag: With more and more states enacting plastic bag bans, this is truly the gift that keeps on giving. Pick a style that is equally stylish and hard-working.
- Coffee mugs or tumblers: But first, coffee. Select a beautiful ceramic mug or insulated tumbler and your bestie’s name printed on it. For a little something extra, include a $10 Starbucks or other gift card in the mug.
- Makeup bag: Choose a beautiful leather or canvas makeup bag and add a gold foil monogram.
- Sleep mask: Embroider a beautiful silk sleep mask with your bridesmaid’s first name.
- Water bottle: For your active friends, beautify their gym routine with an insulated water bottle, decorated with your bridesmaid’s name or initials.
Being in a wedding can be stressful. Thank your besties with the gift of self care. Gift them a service or spa day or a basket of goodies for an evening of at-home relaxation. Head to a nearby Ulta or stroll through the pharmacy section at Target to fill your basket with spa-worthy products.
- DIY manicure & pedicure kit: Include a good nail polish in your bestie’s favorite color. Package with toe separators, flip flops, a nail file, and cuticle oil.
- Spa gift certificate: Purchase a gift certificate from a spa in your friend’s neighborhood. Ask if they can offer any small product samples that you can include with the gift. Most spas will have extra packets of lotion or massage oil from vendors.
- At-home spa kit: Package together a sheet mask, calming scented candle, bath salts, and aromatherapy oils.
- Beauty products: Fill a pretty cosmetic bag with goodies like lip gloss, eyeshadow, lip balm, and mascara. Avoid things that require a perfect skin match such as foundation and concealer.
Something to Wear
For fashion-forward friends, there are never too many baubles and accessories. Shy away from things that require a perfect fit. When it comes to style, you know your friend’s tastes. If you aren’t sure, opt for classic, understated pieces that look good on anyone. If you would like your bridesmaids to wear a matching bracelet or necklace on your wedding day, be sure to mention that when they open it.
- Beautiful hair accessories: A delicate comb or barrette is a great alternative to a classic bracelet. We love these handmade silk flower hair pins, which are charming for both bridesmaids and flower girls.
- Caftan or beach cover-up: For destination weddings, a gauzy caftan or beach cover-up is a great way to go, and they’re pretty flexible for sizing. Nordstrom has an array of styles available.
- Signet rings: Order engraved signet rings with your lady’s monogram, or opt for something unexpected like their zodiac sign.
- Personalized name necklace: For a classic Carrie Bradshaw look, a cursive name necklace is a piece your bridesmaid will wear forever.
The party doesn’t need to end just because you’re getting married! There’s no one more fun to imbibe with than your leading ladies. Let them know with a clever booze-themed gift.
- A growler of beer from a local brewery: Head to a neighborhood brewery and purchase a growler of ale. Choose a spot you visited during your bachelorette weekend, in your home state, or near your wedding venue for a personal touch.
- Stemless wine glasses and a bottle of vino: Purchase a bottle of each of your girl’s favorite vintages and pair with an etched glass. You can even add a personalized wine bottle label so they’ll think of you when they crack it open.
- Champagne and chocolate: Pick up a good bottle of bubbly and a box of decadent chocolates so your bestie can treat herself in style.
- Hometown maps pint glass: Order a personalized pint glass etched with the city where you met your bridesmaid, the town where your wedding is held, or another location that has special meaning for you two.
Bridal Party Gifts She Won’t Forget
Your special day wouldn’t be as special without the awesome ladies standing by your side. They’ve been with you through everything from wedding planning to bachelorette party debauchery.
Say thank you with bridesmaids gift ideas that offer a thoughtful spin. Create a custom gift set with all of her favorite things or pair a fun experience with a small token of appreciation. Give it with a hug, handwritten card, and a heartfelt thank you, and she’ll remember it always.