When your loved ones visit your wedding website, your welcome message is the first thing they see. While its primary purpose is to greet your guests, this welcome message wording has a pretty big job. Much like your wedding invitations, your website sets the tone for the type of wedding ceremony and reception you’re planning. This group of words lets your wedding guests know if it’s okay to kick their shoes off on the dance floor or if they should hit up YouTube for an etiquette refresher on place settings. All of this to say, your wedding website welcome message matters.
What to Include
The best wedding website is chock full of information, including details about your venue, the skinny on the local area for out-of-towners, and hotel rooms for those who need accommodations. And let’s not forget: It’s an incredible opportunity for you to shout your love story from the proverbial rooftops and share some of your favorite photos. Wedding sites can also be a great way to flex your creative muscles, with a range of wedding website templates for every style.
While there are no absolute rules, your welcome page will generally include the following:
- A tagline — “We’re getting married!”
- A greeting (examples below)
- Your wedding date, time and location
- An invitation to explore the site and find other notable pages
- An engagement photo(s)
- A thank you or sign off
As for the rest of your wedding details, some information is typically not included on your home page — allowing your welcome message to truly shine. Be sure to save these components for other parts of your wedding website:
- Your wedding hashtag with social media links
- Guidance on dress code
- Links to your wedding registry
- Wedding party bios
- Song requests
- Local recommendations for wedding guests
- An itinerary for wedding weekend events, such as a rehearsal dinner or day-after brunch
- An FAQ section
- An online RSVP
Welcome Message Wording Examples
Classic Welcome Message Examples
Introductory welcome messages are the most straightforward. They greet your loved ones, thank them for visiting and provide a little guidance on how to proceed.
- Thanks for visiting our little corner of the web. We hope you’ll join us on [Date] at [Venue] to help celebrate our big day!
- We’re so excited to celebrate our special day with you. If you have questions, we have answers! Whether it’s about dress code or booking your stay in a hotel room nearby, everything you need to know about our upcoming nuptials can be found here.
- Hey friend! Thanks for visiting our wedding website. Click around to find everything you need to know about our wedding weekend, including details on the wedding venue, hotel and travel information, and much more.
- Welcome to our wedding website. We can’t wait to celebrate our special day with you. Have fun, take a look around and don’t forget to RSVP!
- Save the date for [Date]. Can’t wait to see you at the wedding ceremony! Love, [Name] and [Name]
Fun Wedding Website Welcome Message Examples
While funny wedding website welcome messages are a great way to showcase your personality, they’re also an excellent way to communicate a laid-back vibe.
- Our love story brought us here, and on [Date], we hope you’ll be there to share the best plot twist ever — we’re getting married!
- It’s the final countdown … relax, it’s just our wedding day! Celebrate with us on [Date] at [Venue].
- We’re getting married on [Date]. Please jet away with us to [Fictional City] … just kidding; it’s in [Hometown City]!
- [Name] and [Name] are getting married, and the party will be one to remember — cheers!
- We’ve waited [Number] days for this. Please party accordingly!
- Welcome to our wedding website, where you’ll find all the answers to your burning questions. We’re spilling the tea about our first date — navigate to the “Our Story” tab to read all about it!
Destination Wedding Website Welcome Message Ideas
When your wanderlust gets the best of you, invite your guests to join in on the adventure.
- Pack your bag(uette)! We’re saying “I do” in Paris, and we hope to see you there!
- Our wanderlust is taking us to [Destination] to tie the knot. We hope you’ll join us on this grand adventure!
- Our journey together begins on [Date] in [Destination], and we hope to celebrate with you, too! Love, [Name] and [Name]
- Fasten your seatbelts, and put your tray in the upright position. We’re on our way to [Destination] to say “I do” — join us, won’t you?
Adventure awaits! We’re tying the knot in [Destination], and we hope you’ll come along for the journey.
- We can’t wait to see you in [Destination] for the wedding of [Name] and [Name]. Everything you need to know about the big day, including travel details, can be found here on our wedding website.
Short and Sweet Wedding Website Welcome Messages
The average attention span is 8.25 seconds, so make it count with a note that’s short and sweet. Just add your wedding date and venue beneath any of these welcome message wording examples and let your website design guide guests intuitively.
- [Name] and [Name] are becoming the [Last Name]’s!
- Welcome to our wedding website! We’re so glad you could make it.
- We put a ring on it — join us for the party!
- [Name] and [Name] are saying “I do”!
- A little love, a little laughter and, finally, happily ever after!
- Be our guest! Be our guest! Be our guest!
Heartfelt Wedding Website Welcome Message Examples
Weddings scream romance. Those on your guest list are likely your closest friends and family, so don’t be afraid to wear your heart on your sleeve.
- “Those that truly love have roots that grow towards each other underground,
And when all the pretty blossom have fallen from their branches,
They find that they are one tree and not two.” — Louis de Bernières
[Name] and [Name] are getting married, and we’d love to share this moment with you.
- “Doubt thou the stars are fire;
Doubt that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt I love.”— William Shakespeare
[Name] and [Name] are getting married on [Date]. Please join us in the celebration.
- The stars have aligned and our dreams are coming true! Please join us as we celebrate our love and union on [Date] at [Location].
- Love is in bloom! We are so excited to share our big day with you and look forward to dancing the night away with all of our favorite people.
Reception-Only Wedding Website Welcome Message Examples
If you’re planning a private wedding ceremony but still want to throw an amazing party, just keep your guests in the loop with the right welcome message that’s clear and direct.
- Ready, Set, Elope! Oops … we got a little ahead of ourselves. But that doesn’t mean we’re skipping the party. Our wedding bash is on [Date], and we hope to see you there!
- Plot twist … we got married! Now it’s time to party. Join us [Date] at [Venue] at [Time] sharp!
- The ceremony is over, but the bar is open! Come celebrate our love story with dinner, dancing and drinks.
- Did somebody say open bar? We did! Come help us celebrate our new life together!
Tips and Tricks for Writing Your Welcome Message
A good rule of thumb is to limit your greeting to two to three sentences — you don’t need to channel your inner Charlotte Brontë. And while your wedding website should be a one-and-done resource for everything related to your special day, you don’t want to overshare in your welcome message. If you want loved ones to have access to information such as your gift registry, wedding weekend details, and FAQs about plus-ones and kids, choose a website design that has a visible menu with links to your most important pages.
Above all else, remember that your welcome message is a warm, friendly greeting to your wedding guests. Whether it’s short and simple or elegant and heartfelt, the best wedding website welcome message is a reflection of your and your partner’s personalities.